Sunday, April 19, 2009

CAS11

Hi! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you had a wonderful spring weekend!

The Clean and Simple Challenge over at SCS on Monday is to create a card inspired by this JC Penny kids bedding. I chose this particular bedding set to use as my starting point for the card you see below.

For the polka dot background paper, I used the circle stamp from Tweeterpated from There She Goes. The colours are Kiwi Kiss, Lovely Lilac, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Pale Plun and Cool Carribbean (all SU! colours). The cupcake and sentiment are from Cupcake Mix and Match. The icing on the cupcake is cut out and covered with Dazzling Diamonds glitter and then adhered with dimensionals. The cupcake paper is paper pieced. It's finished off with a knotted So Saffron grosgrain ribbon.

Hope you have a chance to participate in the CAS challenge today! Don't forget about the give away you can read about in this post. There's still lots of time to enter :)

Hope the rest of your day is great!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Super cute! I love the bedding you chose and the way you recreated it on your card. Plus, who can resist a sparkly cupcake? ;)

Joanne (jojot) said...

sweet and simple.....

Susan Raihala said...

OH! What a great card, Angela! I knew what set you used for inspiration without looking, and this is so great!