How fun is that?
First off, the sale details...
Everyone loves a sale and starting this month There She Goes will be having a Changing Of The Seasons sale! The sale will be from Friday the 20th (the first day of Spring!) - Tuesday the 24th. There are 4 stamp sets that are each 15% off! This season's sale sets are-
Crafty Taglines $12.75 (reg. $15.00)
LOL Taglines $18.70 (reg.$22.00)
Welcome Home $18.70 (reg. $22.00)
Special Delivery $12.75 (reg. $15.00)
And now, a little inspiration!

My assigned set for the hop was Welcome Home. I just love this set-even though it's not a silhouette set! Notice how I've never coloured it? (What you say? You don't hang on every detail on my blog? Fine then ;) Check out my other examples here and here.) Don't be intimidated by stamps that have lots of detail for colouring if you're like me and don't care for/suck at colouring. You don't have to!!!
Anyways, I attempted to use the colour challenge posted this week on SCS but wasn't able to work that Summer Sun colour in here so I abandoned that idea. I did use Riding Hood Red to stamp but made a boo boo and used Ruby Red cardstock (can't even tell-they are really quite similar) that I ran through the Big Shot with the SU! polka dot texture plate. Very subtle background. A bit too subtle. I'll have to play with those plates some more. The other colours on the card are Kraft and Basic Black.
Notice how I put the layer of black down, then the ribbon and then popped it up? As opposed to putting the ribbon right on the card base? That's something I like to do to give simple cards a little extra detail. It's a small thing, but I kinda like it. The ribbon is in a bow (stop me please, I can't get enough of the bow lately!) and a small key charm from A Buck or Two is tied with SU! gold cord.
And that's it!
Hope you liked this first stop on the blog hop! Check out the other Trendsetter blogs to see what they have been up to.
Becky
Bev
Christi
Denise
Faith
Holly
Joanne
Jodi
Julie
Maki
Silke
Wendy
Thanks for taking the time to stop by today! Hope the rest of your day is great :)

And now, a little inspiration!

My assigned set for the hop was Welcome Home. I just love this set-even though it's not a silhouette set! Notice how I've never coloured it? (What you say? You don't hang on every detail on my blog? Fine then ;) Check out my other examples here and here.) Don't be intimidated by stamps that have lots of detail for colouring if you're like me and don't care for/suck at colouring. You don't have to!!!
Anyways, I attempted to use the colour challenge posted this week on SCS but wasn't able to work that Summer Sun colour in here so I abandoned that idea. I did use Riding Hood Red to stamp but made a boo boo and used Ruby Red cardstock (can't even tell-they are really quite similar) that I ran through the Big Shot with the SU! polka dot texture plate. Very subtle background. A bit too subtle. I'll have to play with those plates some more. The other colours on the card are Kraft and Basic Black.
Notice how I put the layer of black down, then the ribbon and then popped it up? As opposed to putting the ribbon right on the card base? That's something I like to do to give simple cards a little extra detail. It's a small thing, but I kinda like it. The ribbon is in a bow (stop me please, I can't get enough of the bow lately!) and a small key charm from A Buck or Two is tied with SU! gold cord.
And that's it!
Hope you liked this first stop on the blog hop! Check out the other Trendsetter blogs to see what they have been up to.
Becky
Bev
Christi
Denise
Faith
Holly
Joanne
Jodi
Julie
Maki
Silke
Wendy
Thanks for taking the time to stop by today! Hope the rest of your day is great :)


7 comments:
Oh...I love this in the monochromatic tones.....have never seen it done that way before....very cool
Very cool way to use this set! I love it!
I love how you used the set like this. Very cool idea!
This set has been pretty intimidating to me but seeing you use it like this really makes me want to try it again. This is fantastic and I love that ribbon/key!
I'm LOVIN' that little key charm..it's PERFECT for this stamp!!
Beautiful take on the Welcome Home Set - Angela!!! I love how you added the little key charm - sooo neat!!!
Beautiful job on this card Angela! I love the simplicity and your embellishments are just the right touch!!
Post a Comment