Thursday, February 19, 2009

Blog Hop!

Hi!

Thanks for stopping by today! If you are a regular reader, thanks for coming back! And welcome to any new visitors. Hope you like what you see :)

Each of the There She Goes gals were assigned the challenge of creating a card/project based on a famous quote. We each were assigned a different set to use. My assigned set was Welcome Home.

Here's the card I came up with. The sentiment is computer generated.


I have been feeling the craft ink lately and loving the Top note die from SU! This card has a lot of similarity to this one. I've been wanting to try making a "real" window out of this door for a while and decided to try it out here. I have to be honest, it's not photographing well. Have you ever had that happen when taking a picture of a card? The card looks much better in your hand than it does on the screen? I'm thinking this card is not being done justice by the screen :)

Anyways, I used the set Welcome Home as I said. The house front and door images are stamped in Vanilla craft ink onto Basic Black paper and cut out with a Top Note die. The sentiment is printed with black ink onto Very Vanilla paper. I was sort of stuck working with black as that is the only kind of ink I had in my printer. The window was stamped again onto a projector transparency and heat set. The window on the black paper was carefully cut out with a craft knife and then the clear window layered under. The Top Note is on dimensionals as is the sentiment. A small button from my husband's grandmother's sewing basket that has a twist of May Arts ribbon is attached with a glue dot. The whole shebang is layered onto a vanilla base.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hop on over to Stephanie's blog next and check out what she's created for you to see!

Have a great day,

13 comments:

Wendy Weixler said...

Wow and holy cow, Ang!!! I would never have thought to stamp the front door in white on a dark color! This looks FABULOUS-AH!!! Love everything about it (and you are definitely giving me a LOT of inspiration for the Top Note die!!)!

Joanne (jojot) said...

This is so innovative and cool!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Beautiful job on this card Angela!! I love how it turned out :)

Unknown said...

OMG, Angela!! You're genius!! I LOVE the quote with the door image. Fabulous JOB, girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

Very creative - Angela - I love how you usded this Set and the beautiful quote!!! You rock my friend!!!

Ann said...

WoWzA!!!! This is SO awesome! I love the way you did the door! You're right--the picture doesn't do it justice. (I clicked on it to see it larger, and I could see how cool it is.)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Great job on the card!! Very creative. The quote is so true!!

Anonymous said...

I love the simplicity of this card. I have this stamp and always felt like I had to color it in but I truly love this idea!!!
thanks for sharing!

Cathy said...

Love the look of your card. Fabulous idea for stamping on dark paper. Nice job

Kim P said...

Love the simple, clean design!!!

Stephanie Hargis said...

What a wonderful card Angela! I just love the simplicity of it! Fabulous job girl!

Kelli Hull said...

The card is EXCELLENT and help concrete my idea to use that set in a split negative swap...

Elena said...

How creative!!! Love the scene you created!!!