Haven't had much of a chance to do the Featured Stamper Challenge lately it seems, so I made some time this morning.
Today's FS is one of My There She Goes peeps for the month of February, Julie Lacey. I selected this card of Julie's to CASE.
Here's mine.

Julie loves the gorgeous layers but I didn't add them all for my card. I kept is simple by using a white base and adding a piece of Certainly Celery card stock and SU! retired designer paper for the background. I stamped the whale from You're So Punny on a die cut Top Note in Memories black ink and layer another one cut from Bashful Blue cardstock on top. I selected See Ya Soon as the sentiment and stamped it in the whale's speech bubble/water spout thingy.
I had a heck of a time getting the SU! Certainly Celery ribbon through looking acceptable when tied. I tried the slot punch in two places and then found I had to add a small piece of white to try to cover them up when I settled on creating a slot with a craft knife. The slot punch only has so far of a reach and it wasn't far enough for my liking so the ribbon knot area was a bit of a mess. It's okay now :)
And, I've got some exciting news to share :) Remember the CAS challenge I did last week? Well, it's going to be a regular challenge on Monday's at SCS. Miss Boo (Jen) will be hosting and she opened it up to CAS lovers to apply to help her out with samples ahead of time for the challenge. Guess what? I'm going to be on the Design Team for the challenge for the next few months! I'm really looking forward to these challenges as Clean and Simple is right up my alley. You can see more about the announcement here. I hope you all can participate in the challenge each week!
Well, it's off to clean my house. We're celebrating some birthdays today and having family over. I'm hoping to get some Guitar Hero 4 time in with my brother's family and the kids! I got it for Valentine's Day yesterday. Hubby and I rocked out into the wee hours of the morning. I've been wanting it for AGES and it's just as fun as I hoped it would be! It's nice that we can all play it together. We've got some racing games and hockey but I have zero interest in those things so this is something we can do as a family, just like in the commercial! LOL Love that commercial...
Thanks for stopping by today! Hope the rest of your day is great!

1 comment:
This is a gorgeous CASE Angela!
I hope that you have a blast today!
Post a Comment