I had a chance to do the Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast this morning. Here is the towel I was inspired by. I often start an inspiration challenge by trying to see if any images remind my of any patterned paper designs. In this case, the pattern reminded me of the Summer Picnic designer paper from SU!. The colours and placement of flowers led me to select the orange and red dotted paper to work with.

I used the Fall to Layout #24 of Natasha's at Clean and Simple stamping paired with Special Delivery from There She Goes. Once I selected my colours (Only Orange and Real Red), I embossed the sentiment using white craft ink and white embossing powder. I find the ink alone doesn't stand out as much as I'd like. The heart was stamped with Real Red ink onto Real Red cardstock, cut and and covered with two way glue. I then sprinkled Martha glitter over it to give it some sparkle. The entire panel is raised on dimensionals as is the heart once again to make it stand out. The circle was punched with a 1 3/8" punch in case you are interested :)
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today! Hope the rest of your day is great :)

No comments:
Post a Comment