I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and got to spend some quality time with people you love. We did. It was the typical Christmas morning craziness with the four of us and we headed over to see my family for dinner. Yesterday we spent the day with my hubby's side of the family. And today we are just crashing!!
I'm not sure if it's just me, but I really dislike the rest of this holiday. After the big day, I'm done with it. I have always disliked the "looking back on the year' type countdowns and stuff around New Years, but seem to dislike it even more as an adult! I think it has something to do with reflecting on the year, having eaten like a pig the last few weeks and feeling down about that, being so tired that I stay in pajamas for most of the day and I never feel good when I do that. I also hate putting decorations away. I just find it depressing!!
Anyways, enough about that. We had a wonderful few days and have a few things planned for the upcoming week. My boys (hubby included!) are in their element as the World Junior hockey tournament is on the next week or so and they can watch Team Canada kick some butt on a fairly regular basis ;) They love our Brampton Battalion team and one of their favourite players on that team is representing Canada. Plus, they feel connected to the tournament in general as my youngest got to meet the entire Czech Republic team when they had an open practice in Brampton. Here's a pic of him getting their autographs. Very nice young men. I *almost* felt bad hearing that Canada beat them 8-1 yesterday!

Enough about me, here's a card for you.

I used the set Here For You to make anything BUT a Christmas card which was the There She Goes challenge (upload with keyword TSG02). Check out this post to find about about the There She Goes Guest Designer for January as well! This card also uses the sketch challenge SC208 from this week at SCS. After stamping, I went over the bird with a two way glue pen and sprinkled Martha Stewart "Brownstone" glitter on it. Pretty! Colours are Chocolate Chip and Old Olive. I used Very Vanilla for the neutral and Brocade Backgrounds (retired) is the designer paper. The panel is mounted on dimensionals and a SU! ribbon threaded through the slot punch holes. The SU! border scallop punch finishes off the Chocolate Chip layer.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you get a chance to participate in the TSG02 challenge! Leave me a link to show off your creation if you do :)

No comments:
Post a Comment