
I can't get enough of paper piecing these little mugs! I cut out the inside of the handle with a craft knife and did the rest with scissors. No problem! I'm not one for cutting really, but I do love the paper pieced look. These aren't hard to cut out.
This first card was the first thing I thought of when I was looking at the set. I love how there are are two cups, exactly the same but reverse images of each other. Super, duper simple. Perhaps too simple? I am starting to wonder if my cards are going too simple.....comments?
Anyways, stamped the two cups and sentiment in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White paper, stamped the cups again on polka dot paper from the Bella Rose DP pack from SU!, cut them out and adhered with dimensionals. Nothing more than that. Thought this could be a cute anniversary or even Valentine's Day card.

The second card was created much the same way except I used Bravo Burgundy ink and papers from the Parisian Summer DP from SU!. This layout is one I've used before from Clean and Simple stamping. The Vanilla squares were cut with a 1" punch and the Burgundy mats were cut using a 1 1/4" punch. The cups are again adhered with dimensionals. I tied a bow using some pink taffeta ribbon from SU! The bow is a new thing for me. I'm a knot gal at heart. I've been seeing them all over the place lately but had yet to try one. I'm kinda liking it! I need to figure out how much ribbon to cut when making one though, as I had to cut off a ton at the ends. Not loving that.
That's it for today! Thanks so much for stopping by. I am hoping to get the last of my cards ready for my card camp next weekend so I hope I will have a few cards to share in the next few days.
Hope the rest of your day/evening is great!

7 comments:
Both of these cards are gorgeous Angela, I love them! I personally love your simplicity. You know how to pull it off without a card looking naked. I say do whatever makes you happy because you know how to work it girl!
Angela,
These cards are super cute!!! I love the paper pieced cups! I will definitely try next time:)
Love the simplicity of these two. It is refreshing after seeing so many out there with tons of layers and embellishments.
These look awesome! Love the simplicity of them. Gorgeous cards! TFS!
They both turned out beautiful. Love the 3D look
Hi GF - sorry - I've been sooooo busy!!! I so love this card - simplicity at it's best and yet soooo gorgeous!!! Way to go!!!
This is quite cute using the DP! Love all your cards!
LeAnne
Post a Comment