
I stamped some Hawaii Papaya designer paper from SU! with the holder image. The image is pretty big so I used a plate from my Cuttlebug in place of an acrylic block. Worked like a charm! I stamped it on the reverse side so that when it's folded up you can't see the lines. Once it was cut out, I stuck it together with some two way glue.
The teapot was also stamped in the same designer paper and paper pieced to a Whisper White rectangle. I added a small pearl from Hero Arts for the top of the lid and some steam stamped on vellum (Thanks to Beth for the idea to use vellum for the steam!) The sentiment stamped in Close to Cocoa finishes it off.
I went to get a tea bag to put in it and then got the idea (thinking about it now it's probably not a new idea, but I was pretty proud of myself to think of it!) to remove the tag that is already on the bag and make a new one out of coordinating designer paper. I took the old one off and then cut a piece of DP the same size (3/4" x 2 1/4") and folded it in half. To get the notched corners, I used my SU ticket punch but did not push the paper all the way in to the corner. I eyeballed it to get it even. Then, I stuck the sides together with the tea bag string sandwiched between.
How cute would these be to give as a little gift! Perfectly co-ordinated :)
Thanks so much for stopping by today!

2 comments:
I just loved your teapot/tea bag idea..... I wondered where you got that teapot... just too cute for words.... thanks for sharing....
Totally cute - great idea to make a tea bag - I so need to get started at this Set!!!
Post a Comment