Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Spooktacular Cat


So, this card took way longer than I had planned!

I couldn't find my black SU! marker so I had to dig through the kids' art stuff and use a Crayola to ink up the sentiment. Desperate times call for desperate measures! I managed to get it done with only a few small smudges but I covered them with paper so you can't see them. So it's all good....It actually worked better than I thought it would.

So, after I stamped the sentiment, I adhered a piece of SU! Halloween Designer Paper. It's the most current one. Can't recall the name right now... I cut it a bit short though and the plan was to have the cat look like it was walking on the ribbon. Problem now was that I didn't have thick enough black ribbon to cover where I stamped the cat, and the paper. I tried a few ribbon treatments and this one was the best. I did stick a small piece of ribbon on the paper at first so that when I did the double tie of ribbon, no paper could be seen between the two. The ribbon is from the cheap bin at Michael's. I'm not totally in love with it but it will have to do! I'd spent an obscene amount of time on this already by this point so I moved on.

So, the cat was stamped in Memories black ink and then coated in glue with a fine two way glue pen. I then dumped some Martha Stewart black glitter on it. Makes it all sparkley!

The stamp set is Spooktacular Silhouettes from There She Goes.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope the rest of your day is great!

3 comments:

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Beautiful card Angela, I love what you did with that cat!

Anonymous said...

Wow Angela I guess alls well that ends well..lol. I know we have all had these types of cards so we feel your pain. I must say though with out the details I would look at this card and say great job!! TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Anonymous said...

Another awesome card - perfect halloween card - love it!!!