Saturday, October 18, 2008

WSC62

It's Saturday! Recently, it seems that's the day I find the most time to stamp.

I made a card today using Beate's sketch challenge found here. I swear that I have never made so many Halloween cards in my life! I have so many I think I'm actually going to have to send some out this year ;)


I wanted to keep this one SUO since it's been a while since I have done that. I fought the urge to put Martha's black glitter on that little spider (but I may cave before I send it-can't promise anything!)

I started by making this Pumpkin Pie card base measure 3.5x5.5 in. It's a different size for me but a nice change. I'm thinking about using this layout for a Christmas Camp card using Deer Friends. Maybe I'll get to it later today.

Anyhow, I cut a piece of SU! Halloween DP to fit the card. The way I cut it I was careful to center the Trick or Treat wording. I used a flipped piece for the striped black border. A black scallop was punched out to make the half circle accent. I stamped the spider image twice with Basic Black. I punched it out the first time with a 1 3/8" circle and adhered it to the card front and then again with a 1" punch and adhered that with dimensionals. A Kiwi Kiss ribbon tied around the front finishes it off.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today! Hope the rest of your day is wonderful :)

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Fantastic Halloween card -- love it so much! :)

Beate said...

Awesome card! LOVE it.
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

I agree with Beate - awesome card and great take on the Sketch!!!