Wednesday, September 17, 2008

IC145 WSC57

Here's a card I uploaded to my gallery on the weekend.


I loved the colours in the photo for the Inspiration Challenge at SCS this past weekend. I used Really Rust, So Saffron and Close to Cocoa. I liked the layout from Beate's sketch challenge so much I decided to use it again. It's a great LO to use with these smaller stamps from Pocket Silhouettes. I stamped the flower image along the card base using Really Rust ink. I then adhered a So Saffron piece, stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip and tied the big SU! ribbon around.

The main image was stamped on Whisper White in Chocolate Chip ink and matted with matching card stock. Th entire main image is adhered using dimensionals.

I haven't had time to stamp this week! So sad. I am just so exhausted each day when I get home! All of my kindergarten students have started full time this week so my days have been long and very tiring. All I want to do when I get home is flake out on the couch! I know it will get easier once they are all used to our routines.

We also had to replace our fridge this week. Ours stopped being cold. Well, only about the bottom third was keeping cold when it was cranked to 10. I wasn't happy about laying out the cash for a new one, but in all honesty, I hated that old fridge and was glad to see it go! The past few nights have been getting it up and going and organizing. I *heart* my new fridge! No more fridge envy for me!

Fingers crossed that I have my There She Goes package and can stamp some stuff to show off using those sets this weekend!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today. Hope the rest of your day is great :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is REALLY pretty. I love the simple layout and the colors are gorgeous.

chloe said...

This card is perfection! So clean and simple!!
Stink about your fridge breaking down: it is never a very exciting purchase having to replace a fridge!

Rhonda Kelly said...

This is a very elegant card. Very simple and BEAUTIFUL! I love simple cards, I think they turn out the best. Love this color combo too, I would have never put those colors together. Sorry to hear about your fridge, we just had to replace ours this year as well! It is a bummer. Thanks for sharing.

MEL said...

Such a pretty card! I just got this set and have not inked it up yet, I may have to know. Thanks for the inspiration!