Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thanksgiving Trio

I sat down today to make some Thanksgiving cards using a retired set from SU! called Give Thanks. It's one of the first sets I purchased from SU! and one of the only sets I don't mind watercolouring with. I am usually drawn to line art images that are not "perfect" and forgiving when watercolouring. This is one of those sets.

All three cards use the same basic colours of More Mustard, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie. I used a watercolour brush and all of the mentioned colours plus Creamy Caramel to watercolour the images. I didn't take much time to colour really, I just wanted to get a layer of colour down.


This first card also uses the Happy Thanksgiving sentiment from Holidays and Wishes. I used a brad for the basket handle. The twill is from Martha Stewart.


The second card's ribbon is satin stuff from Offray that was purchased at Walmart.


This last card uses the Martha twill again and also a sentiment from SU!'s Happy Harmony which was a Sale-a-bration set a few years ago.

Since the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday comes up in a few weeks, I thought getting a jump on cards would be a good idea for this weekend. I made a few extras to bring into work along with a basket of cards I'm going to try to sell. Hopefully they will be well received!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope the rest of your day is great :)

No comments: