We're off to have some family fun today but I managed to get to the sketch Challenge today at Splitcoast. You can see the sketch here.

I originally intended to give this card to my son on the first day of school but now I'm thinking that is was a lot of work and it will probably just end up in the garbage with the cheese stick or sandwich he told me he ate for lunch.... I'll likely give it to him anyways though-'cause I love him :)
I used the papers from the SU! scrappin' kit Primary Colours. One day I'll get the kids' pictures scrapped. One day :) The images are from Cornish Heritage Farms' Making the Grade set. I paper pieced the whole pencil except for the tip which I coloured using a blender pen and Creamy Caramel ink. I added Crystal Effects to the pencil's barrel to make it shine. I'm right into the Crystal Effects right now. It gives a little extra something to an image. The colours used for the pencil are More Mustard, Read Red and Brushed Silver for the little bit that holds the eraser. The whole thing is stamped in Black Stazon.
I originally wanted to use the wider, striped red and white SU! ribbon, but do you think I could find it in this mess of a room? Of course not, so I used two lengths of the check ribbon instead. I don't know, since I've been using wider ribbon the skinny stuff just doesn't do it for me as often. An easy way to beef up the ribbon is to used two lengths side by side. It can be a bit of a pain to tie it neatly, but it's worth it!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope the weather lasts and we have a great day together. The days left before school are few so we want to make the best of them with our family and friends.
Hope the rest of your day is great!

1 comment:
Angela - your card is super cute!!!
I think the DP is perfect!!! The main image is just super darling!!!
Post a Comment