
I started out by copying the layout but omitting some layers. I made the striped background using the Faux Ribbon set from Papertrey. I lined up three of the stripes on a long block and stamped repeatedly in Close to Cocoa ink on Close to Cocoa cardstock. Happy Birthday from PTI's Birthday Basics is stamped in Close to Cocoa ink and I added the "enjoy" from PTI's Mixed Messages to the cup's label. I stamped the cup from Inque Boutique's Chai Latte onto Very Vanilla cardstock and cut it out then paper pieced the brown part of the cup. I pieced again on top of that with the "enjoy" label. The cup is adhered to a vanilla base with a Chocolate Chip border. Two ribbons (May Arts check and Dollarama polka dot) are tied around the panel and it is adhered with dimensionals.
For a final touch, I added Crystal Effects to the cup lid to make it shine.
Thanks so much for taking a peek! Hope the rest of your day is great :) It's not raining today (for a change!!!) so I plan to get outside and enjoy the sunshine.


5 comments:
Awesome card - Angela!!! Love your take on Jessie's card - and the colors are fab too!!!
Nicely done. I really like the accent ribbons. Very fun idea for the cup lid.
Way to go Angela, this card is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you used two different types of ribbon, it looks great!
I checked out Knightrone's card and, believe me, I'd rather get YOUR card than one with a hippo on it. WHEN is the right time to send a hippo card. argh
How fun is this?!? What a perfect card! Love the background you made - I need to break out my faux ribbon set!
~Kendra
Post a Comment