Wednesday, August 13, 2008

SC189


Managed to find a bit of time this morning to do the sketch challenge at SCS.

I used the new SU! hostess set Happiness Always. It's a 2 step stamping set. I made the base colour of the images using the first stamp stamped off one time to achieve a lighter colour. There is a second stamp that goes over top and it has random tiny letters all over it. I stamped that full strength over what I had stamped off. That way I have two shades of the same colour creating my flowers. I did it for the leaf and stems as well. Colours are More Mustard, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip.

The images were stamped on Vary Vanilla cardstock and layered on More Mustard and Chocolate Chip paper.

The card seemed a bit off balance to me, so I added a olive grograin ribbon down the left side to finish it off.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope the rest of your day is great!

Angela

2 comments:

DoxieGirl said...

Fabulous! I love that olive ribbon - totally polishes it off!
~Kendra

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love what you have done with this new set!!!