Tuesday, August 12, 2008

O mojo, mojo! Wherefore art thou mojo?

I guess it's true what all the stamping rock stars say about stamping every day! I haven't had a chance to in the last little while and my mojo has taken a hit. I wasn't even interested in doing the Feature Stamper challenge at SCS on Sunday! *gasp* (of course this had nothing to do with the FS's work! Just me getting my butt in gear...)

I did manage to pull out Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant and Taken with Teal to try the colour challenge today. Fabulous Flowers was still out on my desk from Saturday and that is what I finished up using. I tried a few other things but they just weren't happening. I fould this combo tough.


Anyways, it's a pretty straight forward card. Stamped the flower images randomly in all three colours and added Dazzling Diamonds to the flower centres using a glue pen. I scalloped one edge of the Teal cardstock using the new SU! scallop border punch. After I punched the border, I went back with a 1/8" hand punch and made little holes along the scallop. I initially planned to use a dotted grosgrain but switched to the plain to keep this card Stampin' Up! only. I actually think it looks better with plain ribbon anyways. The sentiment is from SU!'s All Holidays set.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I am hoping that I can get my mojo in gear as I have a number of projects to create for upcoming birthdays and a baby shower. I could probably use something I've already created if I had to, but what would the fun be in that? ;)

Hope the rest of your day is great!

Angela

5 comments:

LaunchingProjectH said...

I absolutely love this color combo! I never would have thought of this in a million years. This is the reason I need to get back into doing SCS challenges.

I also like that you used Fabulous Flowers and didn't instantly grab for the big flower.

Great job! Great card! Thanks for "bringing back" white cardstock as a card base. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Angela - this happens to all of us - trust me....

After all - I think your card is gorgeous and you have not lost your magic MOJO!!!
Keep them coming - girl!!!

Anonymous said...

I love what you have done here Angela! I love the simple layout and the wonderful colours! I really need to use that set more; thanks for the inspiration:)

P.S. Your mojo seems to working just fine:)

Lisa H. said...

for no mojo, I think this card is Oh-So-Fabo! love the colors and the whole feel of it. very nice.

Megan said...

I really like this card, and the color combo...I dont think I have ever used eggplant or teal, but I really like how they were used together! :)