Saturday, August 9, 2008

AVS09

Hi everyone!

Day two of my card camp today! After that is over, I'll be able to get back to stamping "for fun" :)

I had a little bit of time today to work on a challenge and went with this Verve sketch challenge found here. I don't think I'll have time now to finish all the sketches, but winning is tempting! lol For now I'll have to settle with my first card.



I am loving the new "Silhouette" line that SU! is coming out with in their new catalogue (to be released this Monday-can't wait to place my order!) and tried to recreate it here. I took my colour inspiration from the Urban Garden designer paper. I am in love with this combo! I don't do lots of layers well, so I omitted a few from the sketch. The background is stamped using SU!'s Fabulous Flowers in Kiwi Kiss on Kiwi Kiss paper. A large flower stamped in Kiwi Kiss is the main image with a sentiment from Refuge and Strength is accented in Basic Gray. I added a mat of Baja Breeze around that main image. A double line of piercing runs down one panel to fill in that space. The mat pack really helps to keep it straight! The large pearl brad is from K and Co. and the smaller pearl accents are Hero Arts.

This card measures 5.5" square.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope the rest of your day is great :)

Angela

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!! Love the colors and the clean simplicity of the card - just my style!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy moly - Angela - your card is GORGEOUS!!! Love it!!! I think you and I have very similar taste and I'm enjoying every card you create!!! You inspire me - girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Angela, this is a true beauty!! I just love it!! Wonderful colours and layout!

DoxieGirl said...

huzza huzza! (a line from a book I teach to my fifth graders - Walk Two Moons)
This is beyond brilliant and gorgeous! *LOVE* it! One of my favoritest sets. I can't wait to get my hands on the new colors. Thinking about rejoining with the special - I already have lots of stamps, don't really need anything else. I haven't decided yet though... such decisions! :)
~Kendra

Ida said...

Very nice! The colors are so warm and inviting.