Friday, August 1, 2008

LSC179

Super quick card and post for today!

We're off to the water park for the day today :)

A card for the Limited Supplies Challenge at SCS today. This card certainly isn't funny, but the challenge was to make a card that would make someone smile. I thought that if someone were facing cancer, receiving a card like this in the mail might bring a smile to their face.


I used the retired Stampin' Up! set Hope Is which I recently purchased. I stamped the ribbon in Pink Pirouette and stamped the sentiment over top in Riding Hood Red on Whisper White paper (this is also the card base). Pretty simple card after that. I used a 4x4 square of Designer Paper from SU! (Bella Rose) for the card front. I try to never use larger that 4x4 for DP because that way I know I will always be able to get 9 cards out of one sheet. Especially useful info if you are doing a card camp.

The Pink Pirouette layer is stuck down next and then the ribbon tied (May Arts velvet). Once the ribbon is on, then adhere dimensionals and the sentiment. Having the ribbon go between the layers something I like to do on a simple card as it adds just a little bit of interest.

A card added to the stash that I hope I'll never have to use.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope the rest of your day is great.

Angela

1 comment:

Silke Ledlow said...

This card would definitely put a smile on my face!!! What a great card for a great cause!!! I love it!!!