Saturday, August 2, 2008

IC139

OMGoodness, how cute are these bags from PinkLemonadeBags on Etsy? I used this bag here for inspiration to make my card.

Just yesterday this cute Simply Circles (SU! retired) set arrived in the mail from Kendra (thanks Kendra!) and I was looking forward to trying it out. When I saw the Inspiration Challenge bag above, I knew exactly what set I was going to use!

I used a wicked colour combo of River Rock, Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip inspired from the bag. Great guy combo. I tried to stamp my circles on Baja paper as is the background on the bag fabric but it looked plain nasty so I switched to white. Much nicer. I contemplated using Chocolate Chip at the bottom on the bottom of the card but wasn't sure how I would add a sentiment on the dark paper so I used River Rock instead. Tied it up with some Chocolate Chip ribbon from SU! and it's done!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Hope the rest of your day is great!

Angela

5 comments:

Ida said...

Great Inspiration and you did a fabulous job recreating it.

Anonymous said...

I bought this set a couple of years ago and have not ever used it ... thanks for a great card to make me break it out.

DoxieGirl said...

shut up! how did I never create anything this fabulous when I had this set?!
I love it girl!
~Kendra

Silke Ledlow said...

Angela - this is a fabulous card for the IC - super cool DP!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

OPS - I just realized that's a stamp set not DP - that makes it extra cool - LOL!!!