Thursday, July 24, 2008

WT176 and Last Chance for the Blog Candy!

Hi there!

Don't forget to leave a comment on the CC176 post to have a chance to be entered in a draw to win the blog candy pictured in that same post!

Todays card for the "negative" challenge over at SCS. The challenge was to use the negative space created by something being removed in your card. You can see the challenge here.

I punched a 1 1/4" hole and then used the SU! scallop punch to go around it to make this flower shape in Regal Rose. I'm sure I've seen this done before-not sure who to credit-I know I've seen it to make a wreath though. So many ideas I have on the back burner of my brain I don't remember what inspired them half the time!

Anyways, this card uses the negative left over from the punch. I popped it on dimensionals (the edge bits left over on the page of dimensionals are perfect for this). A pearl in the center finishes it off from the SU! Pretties Kit. I attached it with a glue dot. The slot punch was used to make a spot to pull the ribbon through. The stem is from a retired set that I *think* is called Big Blooms? and the stamp in the middle of the flower is from the new SU! set Wow Flowers. Such a fun little set-and cheap too! My favourite kind of stamp set. The green ink is SU!'s new Kiwi Kiss. Yummy!

This card measures 4.25"square. I like to use that size for square because it can still fit in a regular envelope.

Another thing I've always wanted to try. Gotta love the challenges for getting it done!

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope the rest of your day is great :)

Angela

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous idea - Angela!!! I couldn't get inspired....but you y have created a gorgeous looking card!!! You have nailed that challenge - WAHHHOOO!!!

Btw - love that new picture of yours!!!

DoxieGirl said...

OH.MY.GOSH! This is stinkin' brilliant. Brilliant I tell ya!
I love it.
I was happy to see your picture too! It was good to put a face to those mad stamping skills! :)
~Kendra

LeAnne said...

LOVE this! And I have not seen it made into a wreath, but what a great idea and I am writing it down for my next Christmas card camp!!!
Thanks a million!
LeAnne