Monday, July 14, 2008

TLC177


A later post today!

This card is made using the grid technique and was a challenge on Splitcoast today. You can see details of the challenge here.

I started this card by using my Scor-Pal to create the grid lines. I had intended to stamp on the reverse side of the scored panel but did this side by mistake. I wasn't about to re-ink up that stamp with markers unless absolutely necessary so I worked around it! The flower panel is a stamp from SU!'s Essence of Love and I inked it up using Old Olive, Really Rust and Chocolate Chip. I picked this colour scheme based on this gorgeous May Arts ribbon. Just had to use it today! I then stamped over the whole image with the French Script background using Creamy Caramel ink stamped off once to get a lighter shade. The layout just kinda came together. I felt that the top right corner was missing something so I used the piercing template and piercer to make some decorative holes after I added the brads and ribbon. The sentiment is from Papertrey's Anniversary set (not available for purchase sadly).

It's a fun technique! Give it a try.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! And a special hello to those of you who are subscribers-please say hi! I'd love to get to know you better.

Hope the rest of your day is great :)

Angela

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card - Angela!!! I love all your latest creations - you've been a busy girl!!!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous - I've got to give this technique a try!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I came across your blog when I was looking at your Wow Flowers card (the kiwi one) on SCS (love it!!!). So glad I did. I just looked through your archives and I just love your style. I've gotcha as a fave now...I'll be back to check out your latest and greatest! THanks for sharing...keep it up :)

Lisa H. said...

this is so beautiful! great job with the technique and the colors are FAB!