
This card uses the sketch challenge posted on SCS today. You can see the sketch here. I decided to pull out Heartfelt Thanks because it is such a pretty set, but so often old sets get pushed to the back of the shelf in favour of newer ones. Does that happen to you?
I started by stamping the flower using markers in Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery. The top outline stamp was inked with Mellow Moss and Brocade Blue marker. I used a glue pen and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds to give the flower some sparkle. Three black SU! brads were put in the corner to balance out the card. I always use my mat pack and piercer to make guide holes to place the brads prefectly (well, I try to make them perfect!) spaced. I started with only the Brocade Blue layer under the flower image, but it wasn't singing to me so I added the black layers. I'm not so good with layers but at times find that adding a small layer finishes a card off. And I only had an oh, so small scrap of this black and white check May Arts ribbon so I had to snip and stick it to make it stretch. It doesn't actually run all the way under the flower image because there just wasn't enough!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Don't forget to comment on this post here (CC176) to have a chance to win some blog candy! (Don't comment the post you are reading now-SC186- but the post with the blog candy pic, okay?)
Hope the rest of your day is great :)
Angela

4 comments:
As old as it is, this is still one of my favorite sets. I love seeing things made with it - and this card is gorgeous!! I love the colors and that sketch looks like fun. Glitter is a fave of mine too - to perfect touch with the DD. Great job!
I love this card! It is just fantastic! I wanted to let you know that I gave you an award!
I love this set......and your card is just gorgeous with it!
This is really a gorgeous card!
Post a Comment