Well, the boys rooms are pretty much done. Painting and floors done and furniture in. Now we have to put all the non-broken, missing pieces stuff belonging to the kids back into their rooms and clean out our room which has been a storage room for the last two weeks! No rush on that though. DH is taking a well deserved slow paced morning and reading the paper while I had a chance to sneak into my room to do the Featured Stamper challenge over at SCS.
Julia (artystamper) is the FS this week and I chose this beautiful tote bag of hers to CASE and created a card from it.

I started off by selecting Naturals Ivory for the base to imitate the bag fabric. I cut a rectangle out of scrap paper and adhered it to the card front temporarily using 2 way glue after it had dried. It's called 2 way glue because if you adhere when it's wet, it is permanent but if you wait for it to dry and then adhere, it is temporary so you can remove it without marking. It's perfect for creating temporary masks.
Once my mask was in place, I sponged Creamy Caramel ink in the open space. When I removed it, the rectangle shaded shape remained. I loved how Julia stamped her leaves off the shape so I tried to imitate that using the retired set Best Blossoms from SU! This is one of my favourite sets as it's one that I received free during SAB when I first got into stamping. I think the fact that it was free makes me *heart* it all the more! I stamped the three leaves in Old Olive and had them all end in the same spot so I could cover it with the large flower. It is cut out and mounted on a dimensional. All the flowers are stamped in Elegant Eggplant-a colour I don't tend to use much but love when I do. I added the small sympathy sentiment from Mixed Messages-a handy little Papertrey set.
That's it! I debated adding some shine-either glitter or Crystal Effects-to the flower centre, but then decided to leave well enough alone. Like I've said before, sometimes I add too much and regret it later.
Do you think this would be considered a one layer card? Just wondering since I did pop the big flower. I think it would be because it's not layered, but as in all things stamping I'm sure there is a debate to be had over that ;)
Anyways, thanks so much for stopping by today. Hope the rest of your day is great!
Angela

3 comments:
Fabulous card - Angela!!! I so love it and it's going into my gallery - so I can case it!!! TFS
wow! this is awesome! I love what you've done here!
I nominated you for a blog award. Hop over so you can put it on your blog! :)
~Kendra
Beautiful card............this is one of my favorite sets too,
Post a Comment