Tuesday, July 29, 2008

CC177

Good morning!

Today was colour challenge over at SCS and the colours were Sahara Sand, Groovy Guava and Whisper White. I just can't get into the Guava for some reason! Has to be my least favourite colour to work with so it really was a challenge for me!

Here's the card I came up with after many changes and adjustments.


I kept it pretty simple so I could have the double ribbon the focus. As I've said before, I can't make it work when there are too many things going on so I try to have one thing stand out. I chose the ribbon this time. I used the SU! set Together Forever and randomly stamped the flower on Sahara Sand and adhered it to a layer of Groovy Guava. I then stamped the sentiment from the same set in Sahara Sand. I finished it up by tying a length of both double stitched and taffeta ribbon.

A very simple card to make but it took a looooooong time for it to come together!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope the rest of your day is great :)

Angela

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angela - your effort was worth it. Stunning card. Simple but oh so stylish. Petal

Ida said...

Angela, Just found your blog through, Kendra (The Dog Ate my Stamps) and have subscribed. You have some very nice artwork on your blog. Ida

Jane Reads said...

This would make a great wedding card. Good job.

Anonymous said...

Angela - you have worked the colors wonderfully - it's a true *beauty*!!!

Anonymous said...

Angela, I love the simplicity of this lovely card!! I definitely believe that less is more sometimes and this just proves it!! Just back from Scotland and trying to catch up on my fave blogs! Finally able to subscribe to yours:) Looking forward to more of your wonderful creations:)
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Love this card!