
My favourite challenge! The Featured Stamper is here again and this time it's susiestampalot. You can check out the wonderful card I CASEd from her here. Isn't it beautiful?
So I had to make some changes. I am going to a wedding in August and my co-workers colours are Claret Red and black. I'm not really sure what Claret Red is so I'm hoping Red Riding Hood Red comes close! I changed the ribbon to a sheer polka dot from May Arts that picks up on the dots I used from the Papertrey set Faux Ribbon. Susie had piercing on her card, but I omitted that and used the polka stamp instead. Everything is stamped in Palette Noir and I also used kraft and Whisper White paper.
To make the heart I started with a chipboard heart from Making Memories and coated it with Versamark. Once coated, I sprinkled it with SU! Heat and Stick powder and heated it up. When hot, it becomes sticky so that's when I dumped SU! red glitter on it and then heated it again with my heat tool to make it stick. Easy as that! I do think that may be the first time I've use Heat and Stick powder and the red glitter before! It works awesome I must say. The heart is on a pop up glue dot (or course!-I don't think I can make a card without some sort of dimension anymore!).
I think that's it for the card. I was able to take a break from the room renovations this morning to do my favourite challenge but it's back to work soon, I'm afraid. One room is pretty much done and now it's time for the next. I want it finished soon so the boxes of new furniture can get out of my dining room!!
Thanks for stopping by! Hope the rest of your day is great,
Angela

2 comments:
Fabulous card - Angela!!! I love your take on Susie's card and the *sparkle* heart is the perfect touch to your beauty!!!
Just lovely! I will get your set in the mail tomorrow! :) Promise!
~Kendra
Post a Comment