Monday, July 21, 2008

A few more cards to share

I've got a few more cards to share with you this morning. The card above was a second I made for the Featured Stamper challenge at SCS yesterday based on this card by susiestampalot. Loved her double ribbon treatment. It was tricky though! I have a hard enough time getting one ribbon tied right, never mind two!

I love this little clear set from Hero Arts. It's called Love That. I do enjoy the owls but wasn't sure how much they'd get used so this little set was perfect at $6. I got it here but she seems to be sold out right now.

Colours are Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White with a little Bella Rose DP thrown in for the polka dot part. Ribbon is from Dollarama. How happy does that make me? Honestly. Dollar store!

I used my rectangle Nestability to make the scallop square. I just put the shape through once, took it out and placed it back after making a quarter turn. Perfect square! Main panel and owl are on dimensionals.


I made this card quickly this morning using some fabulous glitter I purchased yesterday at Walmart. It's Martha Stewart and comes in so many yummy colours! I could hardly wait to crack one open so I got busy and made this little card.

It's a simple layout. I usually try to make just one thing a focus, otherwise my cards look too busy to me. I'm not a girl that can combine many things and make them look good-usually looks like I'm trying too hard. I wish I could sometimes though!

I also had a chance to use the new Tangerine Tango. It's a gorgeous colour IRL. I coated this little chipboard flower from Making Memories in Versamark and then dumped Heat and Stick powder on it. Once it was nice and sticky, I used Turquoise and Carnelian glitter and heat it again quickly to set it and then popped the two pieces back together. The ribbon is Michael's stuff and the flower is on pop up glue dots. A bit of piercing finishes it off. I added my favourite sentiment from SU! because glitter IS Absolutely Fabulous! I see more of this technique in my future ;)


Thanks for stopping by today! I noticed my counter is up over 1500 which is not too much in the grand scheme of things, but to me it's exciting! I can't believe people actually come to see what I've created. Thanks for coming-I do appreciate it so much. Perhaps I should give away some blog candy, no? Watch for it!

Hope the rest of your day is great!

Angela

2 comments:

Stephanie Hargis said...

Both of these cards are just gorgeous! :D I love your little owl card. Too cute! Congrats on your hits too! That's always so exciting!

((hugs))

DoxieGirl said...

OH.MY.GOSH!!!! these cards are just fabulous! I love the glitter and your simple layout on the second one!