Wednesday, July 30, 2008

DTGD08Laurie

Hi there!

Today was a busy day for me as the family went for a day trip :) So, I didn't get a chance to do any stamping today so I thought I'd share some more info about a card I made a while ago.


The challenge for this particular card was to use vellum. I have to be honest, I don't use vellum a whole lot. Love it, but never think to use it.

For this card, I decided to use the retired set Garden Silhouettes (my most favourite hostess set of all time). I repeatedly stamped the image in Always Artichoke ink on PTI white cardstock and tried to have the images go from tall-ish on the left to lower on the right. I then took a half sheet of SU! vellum and folded it over top of the stamped images (covers the back too). This really softens the image up a lot. I put a small amount of adhesive where the ribbon would cover it up to keep the two layers together. Once the vellum was in place, I stamped the sentiment using Timbre Brown Stazon. Sorry, but I don't know the maker of this sentiment. Again, I unmounted this stamp some time ago, before I ever thought I would be posting cards! Remember that if you are starting out. Record the stamp info before you chuck the block out. Learn from my mistake.

A length of artichoke coloured taffeta-type ribbon from May Arts finishes it off.

This card was super simple to make and could be easily replicated using any flower stamp and pretty much any sentiment. Add a ribbon and you're done! If you get a chance, try using this card as a sketch with some added vellum. And link a picture of it here! I'd love to see some variations.

A special shout out "hi" to the regular visitors and subscribers that are coming around :) I *so* appreciate all the kind words you leave for me-and that you even stop by to visit in the first place!

Hope the rest of your day is great!

Angela

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela!! Beautiful card! I love the softness that the vellum adds. It is perfect especially for a sympathy card. Have a wonderful day:)
Dawn

DoxieGirl said...

very pretty... love the soft look of the vellum!
~Kendra

Anonymous said...

So pretty :) I absolutely adore that set.

Emily said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous! This looks very elegant!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you - I really like vellum, but rarely use it...I love how you have covered the stamped image with it - absolutely gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

I was looking at my vellum today and debating whether to use it or not - and - here you are with this beautiful card.
Simple, elegant, beautiful.
Thank you for sharing and getting me to use vellum.