Friday, July 11, 2008

LSC176 and a Chocolate Kiwi


A card for the Limited Supplies Challenge at SCS. You can check it out here. The challenge was to make a summer card using limited embellishments, no patterned paper and no more than three layers.

These are the only summer stamps I have really. The butterfly and summer sentiment is from SU!'s Perennial Favourites. I've had a layout for the Wow Flowers rolling around in my head similar to this but since my new goodies hadn't arrived yet, I tried it out for the challenge. Goodies have since arrived so you can see my other layout below.

I decided on my colours by going through my paper and pulling out the brightest ones I could find. I don't work with the brights much so this was fun. Colours are Cool Caribbean, Green Galore, Summer Sun, Only Orange, Pink Passion and Lovely Lilac. Inspiration taken from Natasha Trupp's Fall to layout #1 seen here.

I stamped the butterflies on their colours in the same colour ink and then punched with a 1" square punch. I purposely had them off the edges. Too much lining up gives me a headache! lol Then I mounted with dimensionals, tied a ribbon and added the sentiments. Inspiration from atomicbutterfly at SCS for the sentiment combo. The welcome sentiment is from SU! Warm Words.

This next card was created when the goodies arrived! I used the new SU! set Wow Flowers (available Aug 11) along with the new Kiwi Kiss colour and Chocolate Chip.

I stamped the flower motif on Kiwi Kiss paper and punched it out. You could also cut squares to 1" and go that way. They are adhered to Very Vanilla cardstock and then raised on dimensionals. The sentiment is stamped in Kiwi Kiss.

I think this might pass for a "man" card. I cut the ribbon straight-for some reason that seems less feminine? I don't know. And it's a flower, I know, but it would pass for a funky 70's motif and that's all the rage.

Lurve the Kiwi Kiss muchly!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm off to tend to my sunburn now-ouch! I was at the beach today and it was overcast (I know! I know! Those are the worst days!!!!) and as you can guess, I'm burned. I don't know what I was thinking! I'm quite fair and am usually the sunscreen Nazi, but today it just didn't happen. Don't feel sorry for me-it's my own fault!

Have a great evening!

Angela

3 comments:

KT said...

I thought this might make your day: The SU demonstrator that teaches a lot of card making classes cased one of your designs and gave you credit as her source of inspiration! (That's how I found your blog.) Brenda is super talented so you can take pride in the fact that her "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!" Here's her blog: http://keenankreations.blogspot.com/

Megan said...

I love this card and am going to do it as one of the cards my club girls will make. I will definatly mention that I found it on your awesome blog. :) What I was wondering though, was what size square punch did you use one the little squares? Mine just aren't looking right! :) Thanks again!

My blog is http://welldunnideas.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love these cards!!! I plan to create something similar. Thanks for the inspiration!