Saturday, October 17, 2009

Gift Card Holder

Good morning!

Thanks for stopping by today :)

I had a chance to play in the craft space last week to come up with a few designs we will be making at my card camp coming up in a few weeks. If you are in the GTA and are interested in attending, please let me know! I have a few spaces available Friday the 13th 7-10pm (2 spaces), and Sat the 14th (3 spaces) 1-4 pm and 7-10pm (4 spaces).

The first card we will be making is a gift card holder. I asked a few of my regular attendees and they were keen to the idea of replacing a regular card with one that will hold a gift card. I decided to make it fairly gender neutral in case the recipient was male. Gift cards are so easy for guys so I went that route.



The belly band slips off and here's what you see inside. Minus my Visa, of course ;)


I have loads of old "In Colours" paper and stuff left so I chose Cranberry Crisp and True Thyme as my starting point. I know I have other holiday paper around and about but was unable to find it. I managed to find some retired "Four Seasons" paper that had a stripe pattern I could work with. For the gift card itself, I pretty much followed this tutorial by Julie Buhler.

I wanted to be able to write the to and from info on the front so I replaced part of the patterned paper with the Vanilla cardstock stamped with the details from the set Christmas Punch. The belly band has another stamp from that same set attached punched with the scalloped oval punch. Notice I punched a poinsettia out a second time and adhered on a dimensional? A fun little detail. Well, I think so! ;) I finished it up by rounding the corners off on the card. Make sure you round the corners of the patterned and Vanilla paper before adhering though!

I hope to have a few more of my card camp samples up over the next week or so. Thanks so much for coming to visit me! Have a great day :)

1 comment:

Cindy Groh said...

Love that To anf From. The colors and patterned papers are great:)
http://www.cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com/