Saturday, June 13, 2009

TSG09

Good morning!

Well, it's crunch time. Two more weeks of school. Ten days left and about 20 days of stuff to get done! I know it will all be finished, but it's feeling crazy the last few weeks.

I took some time out today to make a card for the There She Goes Challenge TSGO9. It was a sketch challenge combined with an inspiration challenge. Here's the inspiration site. You can see the details of the challenge here. Click on forum to get to the challenges part.


I decided to use this room for my inspiration. Father's Day is coming up and I have a few cards to make for that.


I combined the star from the Tweeterpated set with the Father's Day sentiment from Holidays Galore. Colours are Riding Hood Red, River Rock and Not Quite Navy. I scored the card base with my Scor Pal to get the stripes. The corners of the sentiment panel were punched with a ticket punch to give more of a "baseball" feel. I used a 1" punch for the stars (stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock). The sentiment panel and stars are both raised on dimensionals and some gold tone eyelets finish it off.

Here's another card I made for the Splitcoast colour challenge earlier this week which was to use white as a main colour.


The image from Act of Kindness was rock and rolled in More Mustard and Bravo Burgundy ink.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today! I'm off to clean my house as my mom is coming over to babysit the kids tonight while hubby and I go into the city to see Russell Peters at the Air Canada Center. Check him out on You Tube. Some seriously funny stuff IMO. Some language though, so be forewarned! I don't think we will be the only ones representing B-town tonight. Can't wait!

Hope the rest of your day is great!

2 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Angela,

Both cards are wonderful, but you KNOW I totally adore the OLC. Your rock and roll is perfect!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, Angela!! I love the rock and roll technique on the image!!