Saturday, May 16, 2009

Monogrammed Gift Set

I'm trying to be better at actually getting gifts made and out the door. I often pick up things here and there thinking that I have just the idea to work perfectly with something. Where it falls apart is the actual execution of the idea and actually giving it out! Well, I am trying to change that.

Some of you know that I am changing schools in September after 13 years at my current school. I want to give a little something to the people who have been so helpful to me this year and over the last 13. This gift set is for the ERW that works in my room right now.

In the box are 2 Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares. The box is one a dear, sweet customer, turned demo gave me once upon a time. They are Martha Stewart favour boxes and I'm not sure if they are available any more. Anyways, I folded one of those babies up and put the chocolate squares in, added the monogram business and a ribbon from Taylored Expressions and it's done!

An aside-hello? Lindt outlet 10 minutes away? Bonus. A big box of the squares (36 or 38 of them I think, for 6 bucks.) If you are in the GTA check it out. 7090 Kennedy Road, Mississauga, Ontario. Google it for more info. Some stuff is regular price, but you can find deals-especially if you are looking for out of season stuff.

Anyways, I used the There She Goes A-Z and123 set to make a monogrammed gift set. I punched the letters (stamped in Memories black ink) out using a 3/4" punch, the Celery circles using a 1" punch and the yellow Marvy (can never get the names of the sizes straight) punch to make the white scalloped circles. The white letter monogram is raised on a dimensional. I added a strip of Basic Black to some 3x3 Certainly Celery bases to make some note cards to go with the treat. The envelope flaps are stamped too to make it all matchy-matchy.

Hope she likes it! And, that I get around to actually giving it to her. Sometimes I make stuff up and then don't actually give it out. Do you ever do that? Sometimes when I give a handmade gift, I have to hear "Must be nice to have all that time on your hands..." blah blah blah. Not necessarily from the recipient mind you , but maybe from other people who see the gift. And sometimes I just avoid it all together by not giving it away! Sad really. I should not worry about it and just go with it. Perhaps I'll get better at that this year.

Anyways, thanks so much for stopping by today! Happy "May two-four" weekend to my Canadian friends! The days of buying beer and heading up to Sauble or Wasaga for the weekend seem so far away... :)

2 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Lovely gift, Angela! I really need to do the same as you and make those gifts I have supplies for. About 6 months ago, I did vow not to buy more until I used some of my stash, but that hasn't gotten me moving yet. So sad!

You inspire me!

Betty J Schaub said...

Terrific gift for all those folks that have been sooo supportive for you. Maybe you could unfold the box and trace it on cardstock. Then cut it out and you'd have a permanent pattern.