Thursday, April 2, 2009

DDIC1

Good Morning!

A little while ago, Lori (chanteuse on SCS) contacted me to see if I would be interested in participating in an Inspiration Challenge she is hosing on her blog. It's a bi-weekly challenge (bonus! Lots of time between challenges) so I thought, why not? Actually, it will be the first and third Monday of the month. Challenges often inspire me to create something I never in a million years would have thought to create on my own. Inspiration challenges are my personal favourites because there is so much room for interpretation. Great if you're not so good at following runes (like me!) And, best of all, they get me stamping! Motivation is always good for me, and sometimes needed. Plus, it gives you guys something to look at!

So, I present to you the Divine Divas Inspiration Challenge. Ta-dah!

Here is the inspiration picture we were challenged to work with.


I was inspired by the large brown flower on the pink comforter. Here's what I came up with.

I didn't have a flower image similar to the one on the comforter, so I decided to use my Baroque background stamp instead. I only inked up part of it with a Chocolate Chip ink pad and stamped it off to the side. The Stamp-a-ma-jig was used to get that sentiment just so, and a length of ribbon added to make a bow. The final touch was three small rhinestones added to give it a bit of shine.

I hope the bedding photo inspires you to create something! If it does, be sure to leave me a comment with a link so I can check it out. Or, you can upload at SCS using the keyword DDIC1.

Check out what the other Divas have come up with!
Hey, thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today! Have a wonderful Thursday. It's almost the weekend!

6 comments:

Lori Rider said...

Gorgeous, Angela! I love that huge stamp for this challenge, and the elements you added with it are perfect!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Angela!! Love how we all have a completely different take on the challenge. They are all so unique. Love how you used the larger stamp on the pink background. Simply elegant! Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! I think that stamp was perfect and I can absolutely see the inspiration piece in your card. Lovely!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is just perfect, Angela! I love the elegant simplicity of your design. The colors are super and the image is wonderful.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

this is just pretty perfect !!!!great job on your inspiration...
tfs:)
chat

Keri Brown said...

I love that stamp... I think you did an awesome job with this challenge... Great job hun!! :)