Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Questions From Yesterday...

Finally! HTML stresses me out...

1. What do you typically start a project with? What's picked first: stamps, embellishments, DP, colors.....?

Usually stamps. I will often pick out a patterned paper I like and use colours from that.

2. Do you give away your cards, sell them, send them or hoard them? Or all of the above??

All of the above. I sell some at work and give some away when necessary. I am hoarding right now as I need to get them organised to sell. I'd like to get better at sending crafty mail.

3. If you could design your own stamp or stamp set, what would it be?

Probably a silhouette set as I don't colour all that much.

4. Where do you get your inspiration?

I get inspiration everywhere. Magazines, galleries, the SU! catalogue... I once got inspiration for a colour combo from the shirt of a kid in my class!

5. How do you balance your stamping time with your personal time/work/kids/etc.?

It's hard. I work full time and have a family. My family and "real" job come first. I try to stamp when the kids are in bed and hubby is working out. Sometimes I get time to stamp on Saturday morning. I don't really have it all figured out just yet but family is definitely my priority :)

6. What is your favorite embellishment?

Ribbon. Hands down.

7. What is something that not a lot of people know about you?

Most of my friends and family don't know I have this blog. I guess they don't know how "into" stamping I am. They just know I like to make cards :)

8. On average how long does it take to create one of these fabulous cards we see each week??

Maybe 15-20 minutes? Sometimes more, sometimes less. If I spend longer than half an hour I could never give it away!

9. What is your favorite coloring medium?

Watercolouring with regular dye ink and an Aquapainter. I'm all about getting the colour down and getting on wtih it. I never did get the hang of shading.

10. What time of day do you prefer to do your creating?

I'd love to do it in the morning but that is just not happening here so I usually get a bit of time once the kids are in bed.

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

Actually some of my friends are amazed at how much time I spend stamping! Was nice to read your answers and get to know you a bit. Now get stamping...lol....

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

I'm so happy that blogger finally cooperated with you :)

Oh, and I love the new look on your blog!

Kim P said...

15-20 minutes on a card?? You are my new stampin' hero!! I wish I could be that quick...I'd get more done! LOL!!

I like aquabrushes and ink too...wish I could go to Canada so we could play!