Sunday, January 25, 2009

You're a Good Egg...

...just a little cracked!

Seriously. How many people could I give this card to? How about everyone in my family, that I work with, lives in my neighbourhood... lol Someone could even send it to me, I suppose!


For this card I used Summer Sun for the base. I know! Summer Sun! I was as surprised as you when I pulled it out and saw that it worked! I don't often feel the love of the Summer Sun. Anyways, I stamped the egg image from LOL Taglines from There She Goes randomly on the bottom part of the card base with Summer Sun ink. I then stamped the egg image again on Whisper White and the sentiment using Black Stazon. A black mat is adhered to the card base, a ribbon (American Crafts) tied and trimmed, and the sentiment panel adhered to the front using dimensionals. TSG03 again!

For a final touch, I coated the main egg in Crystal Effects to have it stand out more. I love the effect it gives but if I were to do it again, I would stamp it first in craft ink and then emboss in clear. The dye ink runs a bit from the CE but it's not too bad in this case since the ink colour is light.

So that's it! A pretty easy card to recreate for all the good eggs in your life :)

If you came for a February Sneak Peek I have to say sorry! I don't have a preview of the new TSG sets for you today because mine haven't arrived yet so I used an already released set for this card. Being in Canada, stuff always takes a little longer to get to me. But hey, I don't want your visit to be a waste now, so leave a comment on this post no later than this Friday and be entered to win a randomly selected mini set from There She Goes.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope the rest of your day is great.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your cracked egg card (even if it's not TSG!). I'm looking forward to the new releases. Thanks for the opportunity to win.

MandySue said...

I love the egg card. How sweet is that. I could definitely send one to most people I know.

mandyr701@gmail.com

JenMarie said...

Oh how CUTE!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

I LOVE what you did with this stamp, you totally rocked it! I love that you used Summer Sun too, I think that is one of those colors that gets overlooked because it is so bright.

I hope that you stamps get there SOON!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! So going to have to get this set.

Kelli Hull said...

Great card and Summer Sun I use sparingly as it IS a bold color but this one REALLY worked...Thanks Angela

Jackie said...

I just love that stamp set! I ordered it recently and it arrived! I can't wait to use it, that card makes me want to stamp now. I can't wait to see the new sets too!

Ann said...

Hehe--love the cracked egg! AND I love the Summer Sun--who knew??? ;)

Anonymous said...

This cracks me up!

Jackie said...

Love the egg card, will have to order this set as I definitely have alot of people that would love to receive a card like this!

Cathy said...

Yes, that is a nice card and you could give it to anyone. That is to bad that you didn't receive your new stamps. That is the snail mail, always late. Thanks for the chance to win.

Anonymous said...

Angela,
This card is too cute & cheery too! Egg-cellent design choice!

Thanks for a chance to win.

Diane said...

I love it, Angela! Didn't matter to me that it wasn't a sneak peak. I could think of several to send it to, also! I just love looking at all the eye candy!

Kim P said...

This is such a simple but cute card! Love the way you made the egg pop!

Brenda said...

Love this!! Funny and prefect for a few people I know.