Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Espressing My Thanks

Hi all!

I can't wait for Friday at 3:00 p.m.! All of my parent conferences will be finished and my beautiful six month old nephew will be on his way over for us to babysit! Even though this is my 13th year teaching, I still get nervous around conference time. It's like this every year and afterwards I always ask myself what I was so worried about! Hopefully this year will be the same and it will be smooth sailing :)

So, to relieve some stress I've been feeling, I opened this awesome new coffee set from There She Goes called Let's Get Together to make a card. My older son's teacher is returning from maternity leave next week so I bought a Tim Horton's coffee card for his current teacher. Her last day is on Friday. I am all about the Tim's card for teachers.


I stamped the take out cup image on white and Riding Hood Red, cut out the white top of the cup and pieced it on the red layer. I don't claim to have come up with the idea of using my crimper and Kraft cardstock for the cup sleeve, but don't know where to give credit for the original brains behind it. I recall seeing it somewhere and thought it looked pretty cool. I wrapped the crimped piece around the cup and added the sentiment cut from white cardstock.

The card base is Riding Hood Red with a Chocolate Chip layer cut from the Top Note die from SU! I am loving this die muchly. So quick but it looks so nice! I wrapped some Riding Hood Red striped ribbon and then mounted the Top Note onto dimensionals. The cup is on dimensionals too.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope the rest of your day is great :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cute! love the crimped strip!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

This is awesome Angela! I absolutely love the color combo, it's perfect for this card :)

Anonymous said...

Too cute - Angela!!!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Geat card Angela I like the color combo.

My family has the highest regard for teachers you are the over worked and under appreciated (not to mention under paid). We have a few teachers in our family and also are close friends with a few more. We beleive teaching is a calling and only special people get into it and stay with it for years. My dd who is graduating high school this year wants to be a teacher so we told her she can live at home for as long as needed....lol.

Hopefully you will blink and it will be Friday and your nephew will be in your arms. Have a great day and TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful - Angela!!!