Saturday, November 29, 2008

So Sweet Mini Set

I'm back with another card. Saturday morning seems to be my stamping time! Hubby takes the boys to hockey and I just have one one my hands at a time while the other is there. So peaceful!!

For this card I used one of the new mini sets being released at There She Goes on Monday, Dec 1. These mini sets are only $5 each and quite a deal if I do say so! Great if you are on a budget and want to treat yourself to something new. This one is called So Sweet.


The gorgeous cupcake image is embossed using craft ink and clear embossing powder. Makes it look delicious! The sentiment is also embossed. Regal Rose and Whisper White paper along with some Sweet Always DP cut using SU!'s Top Note die for the Big Shot were used. I was inspired with all the beautiful creations Amy Rohl has been cranking out with hers.

I tried something a little different on the ends of the white sentiment paper strip. Check it out.


I wanted to have an interesting detail on the ends of the paper but was having trouble getting it to look right. I spied the Curly Label punch I just received from SU! this week and had the idea to put just the end in as shown. Below you can see the result.


Kinda cool, eh? Gives a different kind of label look. I've seen dies that do something similar (Spellbinders Double Ended Tags (but without the embossing), for example) but for the amount of time I'll use this technique, my punch is doing the trick. I don't know if anyone has come up with this idea before as I'm often a day late and a dollar short, but I was pretty proud of myself!

I finished it off with some Chocolate brads from Pink Hedgehog Papercrafts. The icing part is raised on a dimensional. Love my dimensionals!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Don't forget to enter the TSG01 challenge!

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

I think it's a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

JenMarie said...

Ooo, LOVE this!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute card Angela! Love what you did, very creative with the punch! TFS:)

Lynn said...

You are so clever! Love how you used the cute & curly punch!!!

chloe said...

Totally cute, and fantastic idea!!

Anonymous said...

love how you used the curly label punch. Looks awesome! TFS

Anonymous said...

Super sweet!!! Love the colors and the yummy little cupcake!!!

Hope you are doing well???