Saturday, September 6, 2008

IC144

It sure has been a long week! I have been so tired coming home in the evenings that I just haven't had it in me to stamp anything. Today I had a chance to do the Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast.



This first card is based on the colours found in this photo by Catherine Ledner. I used the Eastern Blooms set and stamped the branch stamp randomly in Pacific Point ink to make a patterned paper on Pacific Point cardstock. The sentiment from the SU! hostess set best Yet was stamped in Tangerine Tango and a flower from easter Blooms was stamped beside it in Pacific Point. A silver brad is attached in the center of the single flower. It's finished off with a Tangerine Tango ribbon.


This second card is also inspired by a photo by the Catherins Ledner but this time a penguin one that can be seen here. I liked the idea of combining the stripes with shades of grey. I used Basic Grey for the ink and Going Grey is the paper bottom paper colour. I used the Best Yet set again for the sentiment and the Classic Stripes background stamp for the striped top portion. A Tangerine Tango ribbon is tied around the card front to pick up the colour of the penguins beak. Three rhinestone brads from the Su! Pretties kit finish it off.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! We had a busy day today. We went to the Farmer's Market and picked up a bunch of fresh fruits and veggies, did a bunch of errands and shopping and finished off our day by roasing hot dogs and marshmallows in the new fire pit we picked up today. We've been talking about getting one all summer and finally did it. It was so nice to sit around the fire and talk. We always try to make sure we make time to do that and not be distracted by how hectic life can be, especially as the kids get older.

Hope the rest of your day is great!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love both of your cards!!! Great use of the inspiration pictures. I didn't put animals on my card either :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards - Angela!!! Love your color choice on both!!!

Bonnie said...

These are both gorgeous! I love the splashes of Tango on both the cards!