Thursday, July 3, 2008

Verve Challenge and WT173 Combined


So I'm really trying to get something stamped everyday this summer. So far, it's going well!

This card was created combining two challenges currently running over at SCS-the Ways To Use It Challenge which was to use scoring in your creating, and the Verve Visual challenge to use stars in your creation. I'd love to win those Verve bucks! It uses Natasha's Clean and Simple Fall to Layout #3 for inspiration, although I did go off on my own a bit.

So, this card started off great in my head, but didn't look so hot when being developed. Initially, I had the stars on the card base directly. Didn't work. Then I added a panel to put them on. Too big. So I had the idea to have the stars going off the edge of the panel. That worked, but then I realized I hadn't cut it small enough to have the stars going off at the top. Unfortunately it was all cut and glued so I just left it. I tried tying in the black with the jewel bit. It's okay I guess. Panel and stars are both on dimensionals. The red panel is scored with the Scor Pal.

So, stamps are Verve Visual Starlight, Starbright and Polka Stars. Paper is Real Red, Basic Black and Whisper White SU!, jewel thing is Studio K and Co and ribbon is from Michael's (Basic Basic?)

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope the rest of your day is great!

Angela

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! I love Clean & Simple, and this is perfect! Crisp, clean, bright & beautiful!
LeAnne

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card - Angela!!! I love your *star's* and your scoring!!! I also agree with LeAnne - your clean & simple lines are awesome!!!