Wednesday, July 2, 2008

CC173 you made my day


Here's a simple little card I made using the Colour Challenge colours over at SCS this week. The colours were Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi and Certainly Celery. I just wasn't feeling the love from this combo-which is why it was a challenge for me! Everything I was coming up with felt too Christmas-y, which would be fine if I was making a Christmas card-but I wasn't! lol

Anyways, I kept this one really simple. A lot of white space. I used the Fall to Layout #2 from the Clean and Simple Stamping blog. In the corner of the Papertrey white card base (I like to use PTI paper for white bases as it is really nice and thick) I stamped the sentiment using Purely Pomegranate ink and the small flower in Wild Wasabi. These stamps are from Papertrey Ink's exclusive anniversary set and not available for purchase. A small scalloped piece of Purely Pomegranate paper is up the side and tied with another piece of ribbon saved from my brother's wedding.

To finish it off and add a little extra, I added the small jewels to some of the flower centers. I don't know where these little babies are from since I tossed the packaging but I'm certain they were from Michael's. I've learned, since posting and blogging about creations, that packaging should be kept! I do keep stuff from now on.

Anyways, thanks for coming by and taking a look!

Have a great day, Angela

1 comment:

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh Angela - your post next to the card caught my eye...*who do you want to be when you grow up*??? You crack me up girl - but very sweet of you to say that!!!

Love your card btw - great use of the colors again I love your clean and simply style!!!