Sunday, June 8, 2008

IC131 Plus One


Hi there! Thanks for stopping my blog today :)

I particpated in the Inspiration Challenge (IC131 on Splitcoast) this week and really enjoyed it again. I'm thinking this might be a regular one for me from now on. I hope that being off for the summer I will be able to do more of the challenges.

Anyways, our inspiration came from this winning room design from Domino magazine. I was immediately drawn to the closet doors and the soft shades of blue. This first card was created with that softness in mind. I chose to use Going Grey for the flowers as I felt that it would give a softer look. I think I was right :) The card base is Bashful Blue and the flowers from Garden Silhouettes are stamped in Going Grey alson with {thank you} from the All Holidays set. A blue ribbon (not sure of the make-sorry-I received it in a share) is tied at the bottom and Dazzling Diamonds in the center of the flower finishes it off. All supplies are SU!




Since I had all the supplies out and dirty on my table, I decided to make another card but change up the colours. This next card is pretty much the same but I used Purely Pomegranate ink for the flowers and sentiment (for you is from the SU! set All Holidays) on Very Vanilla cardstock. The card base is Basic Grey it's finished off with a Purely Pomegranate satin ribbon that I purchased (in bulk! I love it so much....) from the SU! holiday mini. The pearls are from the SU! pretties kit (or similar such pearls). I love this combo and was thinking it would be nice for a Christmas or New Years card-it's so rich looking.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Angela

No comments: