The March Break is here and I could not be more excited! No plans to speak of, just hanging out and relaxing. Ahhhhh.....
I kicked off the weekend attending the SU! Regional conference in London, ON. What fun! We made some cool stuff and I'll try to post pics of it later this week.
In honour of the Regional, I've got an SU! only card for you today.
The Clean and Simple challenge this week was to create a card using inspiration from the site www.robeez.com I *adore* the soft soled shoes there! My boys both had a Canadian Flag pair when they were babies. Loved them so...I chose to use this pair of shoes for inspiration. The shoes spoke to me and said "die cuts" so I obliged and used the Birds and Blooms Sizzlits to make the flowers. Did you notice that I reversed the colours of the petals and face of the flowers? Neither did I until just now. Oh well.... The sentiment was stamped in Basic Black ink using a sentiment from the Really Retro set. A piece of Certainly Celery twill finishes it off. This is the Sale-s-bration twill. A good tip I read is to run the twill between your thumb and a bone folder to soften it up before you use it. Great tip. I find it a bit stiff to work with but that trick helped me get a neat knot.
I am hoping that since it is March Break I will get a change to spend more time in the craft/crap room to create and get ahead on some of my DT stuff. We were planning to redo the room, but as I looked about at all the stuff I would have to pack up, I got tired. So it will have to wait until summer :)
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today! Hope the rest of your day is great.

Stamps: Really Retro
Paper:Pink Passion, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Whsiper White
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Birds and Blooms Sizzlits, Certainly Celery twill ribbon

No comments:
Post a Comment