Sunday, March 8, 2009

CAS05

Time for another Clean and Simple Challenge over at SCS.

Today's challenge was to use shades of blue and green in your creation. I chose to use one shade of each colour. Kiwi Kiss for the green and Not Quite Navy for the blue. I don't tend to reach for NQN a whole lot, but rather use the Night of Navy. Today I dared to be different :)


This card is a one layer card. I do love one layer cards but have to admit that I get a bit anxious I'll mess it up when I'm getting near the end! I didn't on this one but have many, many times before. I used the new There She Goes set Nature of Friendship for this card. Not much more to explain really! I used the Papertrey white cardstock for the base as I just don't find Whisper White makes a good base. It's awesome to stamp on but doesn't stand up well enough for my liking. Too bad Canadians are charged a small fortune to ship to Canada or I'd be getting some more. Well, now I'm rambling....

So, today I tidied the craft/crap room up. I, like many of you out there, have enough stuff to work with for 100 people! So sad how much stuff I have. I am pledging to try to scrap more often as I have a case that will barely close full of stickers and rub ons. Plus, I've got paper coming out of you know where! I made a December daily countdown album this year and my boys really enjoy looking at it. I also pulled another scrapbook out and they had a ball with that which is making me feel suuuuuuper guilty. I've got all this gear but don't use it! Well, no more. I printed off over 100 photos and picked them up on Friday. I seriously think that having the pictures ready to go is half the battle. I don't tend to print them off but just look through the computer file. Hopefully that, combined with a tidy space will motivate me! We shall see...

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today! Hope the rest of your day is great :)

3 comments:

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Beautiful job Angela, I love the one layer as well as the colors!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Love it....simple and yet so dramatic....really shows off the image and sentiment beautifully

Christi Flores said...

This is beautiful!!