Saturday, January 24, 2009

Some Days You're The Dog...

...some days the hydrant.


Ain't that the truth!

I made this card using the There She Goes set called LOL Taglines when my stamping friends came by last night to get glitter all over my kitchen with me :)

The hydrant was stamped four times on Whisper White and once on Real Red using black Stazon. I cut the red one out and adhered it over the third hydrant. that panel is layered on red and black cardstock and mounted on a white base. It's a bit of an odd sized card-4 3/4"x 4 1/4". I stamped the sentiment in black and then punched it with the SU! wide oval. The slot punch was used to make the openings for the ribbon (from Michael's-sorry, unknown brand). I put a dimensional under the sentiment to have it stick up a bit and knotted the ribbon off to the side in an attempt to balance off the hydrant.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today! Hope the rest of your day is great :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome card - Angela!!!!
I wasn't sure what to do with this stamp, but I think you just inspired me!!!

Hope you all are well!!! Hug ~S~

Betty Meyskens said...

Angela - what a cool card! I love how you did the one fire hydrant in red - does it ever stand out!! Love your card ideas.

Ann said...

Hilarious AND a beautiful card! I love it! ;)

~amy~ said...

i love it! Tooo stinkin' cute!