Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another SUO card

I tried my hand at the OCC Challenge today which was to use 2 or more hearts on your card. I missed the "2" part and only used one. My bad. I'll still give it to hubby though as he won't care if it meets the challenge or not!



I used the retired set A Light Heart for this card. The love part was stamped in Regal Rose ink. I stamped the o again and then inked the small love sentiment up with marker and stamped it over the heart. It was punched out with a 3/4 inch punch and popped with a dimensional. I then layered it up with some Sweet Always paper and ribbon. It was corner rounded with a punch before adhering it with dimensionals to a Chocolate Chip card base.

Not much to this card. As I said, it's for hubby and quite honestly he doesn't appreciate the embellishments so they are not wasted on him! He knows that and is not offended. Straight and to the point. Love you.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today! We've got a busy weekend ahead. Hope yours is great!

5 comments:

Laurel said...

I love this card, clean and simple! BTW I teach a K/1 class and kudos to you for being a K teacher! Although I love my kids - I much prefer grades 3, 4, or 5 - the little ones are... well... so busy!

MaryJo said...

Great card! Love the colors and the layout!!

~amy~ said...

FABulous card...love the crispness of it!

Silke Ledlow said...

Cheater - LOL!!! I love this sweet little creation of yours!!! Thanks for playing the OCCC!!! Hoep to see you later!!!! Hugs ~S~

Ann said...

I love this CAS card!