Sunday, September 28, 2008

FS86

I used the Here For You set again today on a card that was inspired by this card by TERRORE3 at Splitcoast. She is the Featured Stamper today.


I love the masking that she did on her card and tried to replicate that using a variety of stamps included in the set Here For You from There She Goes. I used a square punch and punched out two squares side by side on scrap paper. I applied two way glue and let it dry before affixing it to the card front to make a temporary mask. Once that was in place, I inked up a variety of stamps from the set in Old Olive, stamped off a bunch of times and created the collage effect for the background on Confetti White paper. I also sponged a bit of ink around the edges of the masked area. I think you'll be able to see it better if you click on the picture to make it bigger.

Once that was finished, I inked up the bird and branch stamp with Old Olive and Chocolate Chip markers and stamped it full ink (without stamping off). Once the mask was removed, the rectangle was visible and I then stamped a sentiment off to the right in Chocolate Chip ink. A brown May Arts ribbon finishes it off.

It is a beautiful day here! We are off to apple picking this afternoon. I think we'll pick up an apple pie too. I'd love to make one, but honestly, it's not going to happen today! Too much to get done this weekend and not enough time (as always). So, instead of kidding myself that I will come home and get a home baked one whipped up, I'll just be realistic and buy it. Save myself the grief!

Hope the rest of your day is great! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card - Angela!!! This is a perfect case - way to go!!!

I was so busy this weekend I didn't even have a chance to play the FS86.....!!! Have a great week!!! Hugs ~S~