Friday, August 29, 2008

Tango Thanks

So, I finally dug out some of my new SU! goodies, cleared a 6x6 space off of my table and made a card. Can you see all the junk in the background? It's an embarrassment. I hope I'll have a chance to clean it up this weekend. It's bringing me down....


I am loving the Tangerine Tango colour! I thought it would be my least favourite of the In-Colours but it's right up there, I think second only to the Kiwi. Combine these with my beloved Chocolate Chip and this could possibly be my new favourite colour combo. We'll see ;)

I started this card out by deciding upon using this striped patterned paper. If I plan to use patterned paper, I will pick the colours out of that to coordinate. I stamped the leaves image from Pocket Silhouettes in Kiwi Kiss and then the sentiment in Chocolate Chip over top. I thought about putting the image over to the right alone, but I am into layering stamps right now and thought if I left the right side white space it would balance out the ribbon knot. The Whisper White cardstock and designer paper (Hawaii Papaya? sorry-don't have my catalogue handy) are layered onto a Chocolate Chip piece to create a small border around the panel. This is a layout I've used often. Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon is tied and knotted.

I then took a piece of Tangerine Tango and stamped that same leaves image in Tangerine Tango ink a few times along the bottom to make the card base. The main image panel is then adhered using dimensionals.

A fairly simple card I guess!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today! I have been busy most of the week setting up my classroom for school which starts on Tuesday. I plan to take this weekend to relax with my family and also get some cleaning done. I hate to come home from work the first day to a messy house!

Before I go, make sure to check out Jessica's Customer Points Rewards Program over at There She Goes which was announced today. Is it awesome , or what?!?

Hope the rest of your day is great!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simple maybe, but so beautiful!!! I should be seeing the UPS guy drive up any second with the stuff to CASE your card...I can't wait. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I found your blog (linked from SCS)! It's gorgeous! I especially love this card too--great colors. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oohh!!! Love this!! Great LO and the colors are perfect!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic looking card - Angela!!! These colors are fab together - I love them!!! I also like how you've stamped the BG with the same Set - very neat!!!

Enjoy your weekend!!!

Lisa H. said...

This is a great card. love the clean and simple design of it. Yes, Tangerine Tango is an awesome color! one of my faves :)

Maria Matter said...

Angela, this is a lovely card!!! I'm lovin' this tangerine! This is CASE worthy! Great blog!
Blessings, Maria

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful card using the Pocket Silhouettes......I like your layout and the sentiment stamped over the image. It's a great look!